Participants: Nils Ivar Dolvik – Inger Davidsson – Jochen Nösinger – Maureen van Bon – Michelle Delaurier
Maureen, Jochen and Nils were on the Jubilee & E.C. in Denmark. A medal of FjHI was attributed to the best daily stallion. There was no overall champion of the EC.
A FjHI medal was forwarded to Sweden for their national stallion show.
2. UELN (Universal Equine Life Number)
Some questions are coming up and the board decides:
• Michelle will send an email to the responsible of the UELN organization with copy to Nils, asking to change the contact info of FjHI in the list of international organizations published on the UELN website. Oda Münch will be replaced by Michelle.
• Nils will make a project letter regarding the use of the UELN numbers by the different fjord horse associations and present it to the board members. He will also contact the UELN responsible person.
• Maureen will forward some examples to Jochen of Dutch fjord mares who got a fictive new number in Germany.
The approach is very different from country to country and not all of the breeding associations are calculating the inbreeding coefficients. The Dutch fjord horse studbook was asking for information to the different countries but only Germany and Sweden answered. A new email will be sent by Nils to the breeding associations and Nils will collect the answers.
4. 20 y FjHI in 2017
In collaboration with the Norsk Fjordhestsenter in Nordfjordeid, the idea is discussed to visit Stryn on Wednesday afternoon 3rd May 2017 (Midday to 6 PM). Visit the farm in Fosnes where in 2003 the handbook was signed and some other activities. Nils will work out a program, look for sponsoring. Michelle makes a list with people involved in the FjHI and who should be invited.
5. European championships – rules
The E.C. rules established by FjHI were not used in Denmark this year and there was no opportunity to talk with the delegate of the Danish equine sport federation. Nils will contact Lisbet Becker about this matter. Impressions of the different participating countries will be collect.
• Website : Nils will ask Berit to install the updates on the administrator pages.
• Next board meeting : Monday 26th September (2nd option : 3rd October).
Category: Minutes 2016
Published: 23 August 2016